Saturday, October 17, 2009

Caramel Apples

Fall is my favourite season. I love the weather, the colours, the clothes, the smell, everything. I decided to try my hand at caramel apples this year. I have managed to forget nearly everything I learned about apples during the years I worked at the market, so I bought a couple kinds to test out. I ended up going with Empire.


I got the recipe for the caramel from my Food Network magazine. Man I love the Food Network. I didn't have light corn syrup, so I just used my regular corn syrup.


I love my candy thermometer. It was relatively easy, as melting sugar normally is. I'm not sure why I've never tried caramel apples before. I rolled a couple in peanuts and left the rest plain.


We haven't tried them yet, but I'm hoping they're as good as they look.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates