Sunday, October 25, 2009

Accomplishments

I ran my first running race this morning. It was The Turkey Trot in Burlington, and I did the 10 km distance. I have been training for it for a little over a month. Before today I had run 10 km all in one go perhaps 2, maybe 3 times. Based on my performance on those runs, I was expecting a time of a bit over an hour, so of course, I made an hour my goal.

Well. If I didn't go and finish with a time of under 59 fucking minutes. I am incredible, I know. The official results aren't up yet, but they had a clock there and Andrew (whom I dragged along with me) wore his heart rate monitor watch and timed us, so I am reasonably confident of my time.

Also my official time will be about 20 seconds longer than it actually took me, since I started somewhat in the middle of the pack and it took me around 20 seconds just to get to the starting line.

It was a beautiful day, perfect running weather. Cool enough that I wasn't uncomfortable, but not so cold that my lungs were burning. It was an exhilarating experience, and I think I will look into doing more. I'm not sure why I haven't done any before now, I am forever following Andrew to his. But, now I know, I like them. I'm sure my closet will soon be full of ugly ass race t-shirts that are too big for me. Yaay!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates