Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm slowly turning into you

We got a hell of a lot of shit done this weekend around the house. I can't even begin to guess at the amount of money we spent on both functional and decorative fixtures, but our house looks a-may-zing. In celebration of our accomplishments thus far, I've decided to post a series of before and after photos so you can all ooh and aah appropriately. And I expect oohing and aahing and yes that means you.

First up: the front bathroom. Up until yesterday, this room looked approximately akin to the before picture. There was a bar of soap and a towel, and that was all.


Now it's my favourite room in the house. Is that weird?


Next we have the dining room.


There are a couple after shots because I like the other angle better, but the first is taken from the same general area as the before picture. Also, please note that the red papasan chair you see in the after picture is now cushionless, as a certain asshole feline decided it was his personal shitter and pissed all over it right in front of us 30 seconds after I was already supposed to have left for work.



The upstairs hallway, I don't have a good before picture of. But if you look at this one:


and imagine you are actually turned around 180 degrees and staring at a blank wall, that is what was there prior to this:


We hung a picture. And by "we" I mean "I". I hang most of the things in the house. I'm good with a stud finder.

After that of course we have the office, which was a sad looking this:


But now is a fabulous this (there is more to the office, but as of right now I only have pictures in raw format and I don't feel like converting them to something this blog will understand):


Next we have our lovely TV room. This was a vomitious poorly painted yellow and smelled strongly of baby powder.


Now, it's an eyeball popping lime green (love it) and has incredible shelves which I put up all by myself.


Our master bath was the first room we actually pimped out. Before we spent an extravagant amount of money, it looked like this:



And now it's a luxurious this:


I'm not going to bother with kitchen and master bedroom, because we haven't done much with those. Yet.

For the grand finale however, I give you the front of our house when we bought it:


After a full three weeks of hardass labour, we have finished a gorgeous front walkway. There is still some grass and edging clean-up that needs to be done, but other than that it's pretty fucking spectacular. I will post the pictures of the whole process (we documented it well) later, but the pictures in this post are taking long enough already. So, here she is. Be suitably impressed.


2 Comments:

jenny said...

Marsha, this looks amazing! You guys are so friggin grown up - holyyyy! I love the TV room, good call with the lime. And I really enjoy your dining room table/chairs. Everything looks awesome - well done!

Shane Caldwell said...

Marsha, you're making me reconsider this whole academia thing and realize that I could be growing up right now instead of becoming a professional student. That's amazing! I'm a little bit jealous.

 

blogger templates