Sunday, February 8, 2009

My only indulgence would be that I eat a lot of frozen yogurt...

I have been a very busy beaver these last few days. I had a job interview earlier this week, and set up another for next week. A few days ago I cranked out a reconstruction of an Incubus t-shirt I've been hanging onto for a long time. I was very happy with the end result. I really love the red material I used, it's soft and sparkly and totally rocker chick.

On Friday my old desktop computer finally heaved its last breath. It's been barely clinging onto the threads of its existence for the past two years or so, so it was not a surprise to me when it suddenly turned off and refused to be revived. Because I'm graduating in just over a week, Andrew decided conveniently that an appropriate graduation gift would be a new computer. Yay! So now I have a lovely new HP laptop, unfortunately with Vista.

So far, I hate Vista with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but I am trying to keep an open mind. It's a huge pain in the ass, and causing me all sorts of inexplicable problems. I imagine I will end up either having Andrew downgrade me to XP, or I will install Ubuntu because I have all sorts of love for that operating system, except for some compatibility issues that require a little extra effort to deal with.

Today I convinced the boy to take me for a walk by the pier. It was beautiful and sunny so I took the camera along. It certainly helped my winter depression to get out of the apartment, although it was really windy down by the water. I bought some vitamin D fortified orange juice today as defense against the Canadian winter. I can't wait for spring.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates