Saturday, February 14, 2009

Who needs sleep? (Well you're never gonna get it)

I am exhausted.

I got a sweet new job making baby juice, and I've been getting up early, commuting an hour both ways, and standing on my feet all day, all week. I'm a real adult now; it's terrifying and wonderful.

I'm working again tomorrow, but I had today off. We went out for breakfast, got groceries, bought me a dress for grad, cleaned the entire apartment, made cookies, fudge, and spent a lot of time not relaxing.

It's a good thing that I do not have to work on Family Day, or Tuesday, or Wednesday, because I am starved for sleep and the couch. Tuesday is convocation, so I'm taking that off to make up for working Sunday (tomorrow), and Wednesday the only other lab tech isn't in and since I'm not trained to actually do anything, going in would be pretty useless. This results in me having a huge stretch of holidays that are not holidays, in my second week of work.

Pretty sweet deal.

Tomorrow Andrew is going to the auto show with his family. I was supposed to go, but then I got hired and was asked to work, so...we know how that turned out. But I will be around for supper. We're having sweet potato soup that we started in the crock pot tonight, lamb, and salad. It should be epic.

All in all, I had a wonderful Valentine's day.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates