Friday, November 7, 2008

November Itch

About this time every year, I start feeling like Christmas. I'm pretty much one of those people, the ones who turn on the Christmas music November 1st, start gift shopping, and so on. Except, I do it in secret. And then lie about it, when asked. I know, I know, you didn't know. I'm a good liar.

I do hold off on decorating, mostly because I would get tired of the decor too early if I started now. I have been shopping around for some ornaments though. Since this is the first year I've ever really had a semi-permanent residence outside my parents' home, I haven't yet accumulated any sort of decoration collection. I'll probably steal some from my mom.

This year though, I can get into the spirit early, and in public, and no one can say boo. What is different this year, is that I have an etsy shop.

I've been making some reusable Christmas wrapping, an inspiration from Andrew who came up with the idea one morning a couple of months ago.


I've also been planning on making more drawstring bags, but life keeps getting in the way of my sewing machine. My mom wraps some of our presents in holiday-themed drawstring bags, and I've carried that idea over.

I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to make a few things. Unfortunately, I've got a midterm on monday, so I'll probably just spend my time posing as a study hermit.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates