Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Slow Regard of Silent Things

I just finished this book. I just started it, actually. I flew through it. It's short, and so, so sweet. It's not a regular story for regular people, but it's a perfect story for me. I just finished it and I have so many feelings splashing out of my brain I have to write them down somewhere. Here.

I am not like a regular people. I've never been like a regular people. I mean, in some ways I am. In the major, big ways. But in the little, tricky ways, I am oh so very different.

I'm not broken, like Auri; I wasn't put together properly from the start. But I understand Auri. I could live like her, safe in her routines and seclusion. Her thoughts make a lot of sense to me. I can empathize. Her story is sweet and perfect, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Thank you Patrick Rothfuss for writing Auri a story and sharing it with us, even though you thought no one would like it. I'm grateful to not be alone in sometimes feeling like I am alone in how I feel.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates